One Ounce Opera is producing the 3rd annual alt-classical showcase “The Listening Garden” at Clayworks Studio/Gallery on E 6th on Sunday, March 8th from 4-7pm. We are asking accomplished local classical musicians and composers if they would like to come share their latest works pre-SXSW in intimate spaces with a lovely crowd. Beer and wine will be available, and there is a food truck onsite as well. It is a family-friendly, relaxed event (as you know).
The event is “free”; however, donations will be taken (both preceding the event, at the door, and at the beverage table) so we may offer an honorarium for the artists. One Ounce Opera is a newly-sponsored project of the Austin Creative Alliance.
And we will have a harpsichord. 🙂
OK — now, the nitty-gritty “official” details:
Right now, we seek 3-4 additional acts/ensembles for the bill. We are scheduling these 15-30 minute sets between 4:15 and 7pm. There are three performance spaces — a kiln room for larger ensembles, an intimate studio gallery, and a beautiful outdoor garden with a stage. Acts will be rotated between them. Music should be acoustic, although a small amp for balance or an electro track is fine (just no PA).
If you would like to showcase your wares — or know some who might — we are asking to let us know by Monday, 2/16*. If we happen to receive more submissions than we have room, we will accept based on variety and when the submission was received (to be as fair as possible).
All participants will be notified of their time by Wednesday, 2/18.
If you’d like to participate, please send Julie Fiore (julie-at-oneounceopera-dot-com) the following:
1) The name of your ensemble (or your name if performing solo);
2) Your instrument/instruments;
3) Piece(s) you’d like to present (if known — otherwise, a general idea is fine), and the total time of your set;
4) a website (if applicable) for PR and the program, with a short 140 character bio/statement about the ensemble/you (you can send this later if you don’t have time just yet — no problem!);
5) anything else we might need to know, if applicable or if known at this time (equipment specs, if you need a piano or harpsichord, “I am only available from 5-6pm”, inside only, prefer outside, etc.).
Pictures of the venue and more about the newly-renovated space can be found here: http://www.clayworksvenue.com/
Of course, if you are not available, we’d be so grateful if you would be willing to forward this post to anyone who might be interested. We hope to curate a balanced and exciting showcase of music new and old, and hope to have you join us!
Julie and the OOO Team
*deadline extended! 🙂
[twitter style=”horizontal” float=”left”][fbshare type=”button” width=”100″]