Want to be a part of an one-of-a-kind dynamic operatic ensemble? Collaborate with artists and instruments and sounds and textures? Make new things? Explore interpretations and celebrate communication through music?
Are you over 21, a trained classical singer, preferably with a degree in music and a few roles under your belt? Do you live in the Austin Metro?
We want to meet you on Sunday, September 27th!
These auditions will serve two purposes. OOO is accepting applications for new full-time OOO members AND specifically for upcoming projects, including the WORLD PREMIERE of There’s Beauty In the Beast. DEADLINE for submission is 9/20.
Please email Julie the following:
- current headshot (jpeg preferred, smaller files are good)
- cover letter answering the question “Why OOO Is For Me”
If selected for an audition, please have 4-5 pieces prepared. They should satisfy the following requirements:
- at least one piece in English
- at least 3 arias (operetta counts, too)
- two other languages other than English represented
- if you choose to include it, only 1 music theater piece, please (if you plan to specifically audition for There’s Beauty In the Beast, music theater is advised but not required).
An accompanist is provided free of charge for the auditions! Limited slots available – don’t wait!